Friday, September 29, 2006

Hold on, I'm comin'


Harlan and Viva L'American Death Ray were great at the Circle Bar last night. Great turnout too, although several people were missing because they'd already gone up to Memphis. I'd have been up there with them, but I had to stay behind another day for work, and Saint Sarah had to go to school.

So I missed night one, but that's okay because half the acts were from New Orleans anyway and I see them all the time. Tonight and tomorrow are what it's all about for me. Can't wait to see Talbot's new band, the Leather Uppers, Hipshakes, True Sons, Cheveau, and all the rest.

I know it's gonna be a great weekend already. Last night, my friend Boyd gave me a vial with some kind of clear liquid in it. He wouldn't tell me what it was, but he just winked at me and said "have a nice trip." I don't even think I told him I was going to Memphis! He just sensed it, I guess. So that's why I already know it's going to be a great trip. I guess the logical thing to do at this juncture would be to consume the entire contents of the vial, whatever it is. I'm hitting the road in an hour, can't wait 'till I get there. See everyone then!

No comments: